Welcome to the Creative Kids Culture Blog Hop!
The Creative Kids Culture Blog Hop is a place where bloggers can share multicultural activities, crafts, recipes, and musings for our creative kids. We can’t wait to see what you share this time!
We are hoping to travel to Northern Ireland (NI) and visit Castleview Academy’s homeschool someday. I like to read children’s books to learn about a country, as well as nonfiction and travel guide books. Have you heard of the Giant’s Causway located in NI? The next two images show two views of it. Of course, it has a Finn McCool story to go with it. Finn moved the rocks forming a path to Scotland to fight a foe. When he saw the foe was a giant, he was sorry about his bragging. His wife saves the day when the foe comes to fight McCool. She wraps in Finn a sheet, tells the visitor McCool is away hunting, and indicates the large body in the sheet is her baby. There is more to the story, but the foe makes excuses and gets away (across the Giant’s Causeway).
The Causeway is interesting as the shapes are hexagonal and different from other formations created by volcanic activity. Oops! I gave away the secret.
A museum is dedicated to the Titanic in Belfast. There are indoor and outdoor exhibits to view.
There are quite a few castle ruins to view, including that os Dunluce Castle.
Stone circles are always fascinating. Don’t you wonder about who made them and why? And how they did so long ago without modern construction equipment?
Want to walk on a rope bridge, anyone? Anyone?
The city walls in County Derry look interesting. Oh, my!
There are so many interesting things to know about Northern Ireland, books are required for learning more. This time I am sharing Castleview Academy’s post about books to help you learn about and travel to Northern Ireland.
This month our co-hosts are:
Creative Kids Culture Blog Hop is a place for you to share your creative kids culture posts. It’s very easy, and simple to participate!
Just follow these simple guidelines:
- Pinterest, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook. Please let us know you’re following us, and we will be sure to follow you back.
- Link up any creative kids culture posts, such as language, culture, books, travel, food, crafts, playdates, activities, heritage, and holidays, etc. Please, link directly to your specific post, and no giveaways, shops, stores, etc.
- Please grab the button code above and put it on your blog or the post you’re linking up. You can also add a text link back to this hop on your blog post. Note: By sharing your link up on this blog hop you are giving us permission to feature your blog post with pictures, and to pin your link up in our Creative Kids Culture Feature board on Pinterest.
- Don’t be a stranger, and share some comment love! Visit the other links, and comment. Everyone loves comments!
- The Creative Kids Culture Blog Hop will go live on the 3rd Sunday of the month. It will run for three weeks. The following blog hop we will feature a previous link up post, and if you’re featured, don’t forget to grab the button below:
Here’s my favorite from last time:
[YOUR FEATURE HERE]
Thank you for linking-up, and we can’t wait to see what you’ve been up to!