COOKIES AND TRACKING
Like many websites, we use “cookies” to enable us to personalize your visits to our Site, simplify the signing-in procedure, keep track of your preferences, for marketing purposes and to track the usage of our Site.
Like any business we like to see if our visitors come from Google, Facebook, another site in order to better manage the business. We use Google Analytics as our analytics package. When we login we can see which pages on this website visitors visited, the paths visitors took, where they came from and how they left. We cannot see which website you visited after you leave us however. The only way we could narrow down the information to any one individual is if only one person was on this website that day, and we knew who that was.
To make this site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. Most big websites do this too. Laws require us to say we have cookies so I want to be in compliance.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
Adjust this part of the page according to your needs. Explain which cookies you use in plain, jargon-free language. In particular:
- The cookie is only used for the duration of your visit, and will expire when you close your web browser.
- They are required by the EU
- Wise Owl Factory, Montessori of the Earth, and Amazon controls/accesses the cookie-related information
- that the cookie will not be used for any purpose other than the one stated
- If you would prefer not to receive cookies from this site, please see www.allaboutcookies.org for information on how to set your browser not to receive cookies and delete existing cookies.
- This site uses Google Analytics cookies which help me to understand who visits my site, and what content they read, so I can improve the site for my readers.
- if you have already replied to a survey pop-up that asks you if the content was helpful or not (so you won’t be asked again)
Enabling these cookies is not strictly necessary for the website to work but it will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete or block these cookies, but if you do that some features of this site may not work as intended.
The cookie-related information is not used to identify you personally and the pattern data is fully under our control. These cookies are not used for any purpose other than those described here. You will not be placed on any spam site. We hate spam, too.
How to control cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.