Story writing in class? This post has free beginning, middle, and end story writing frames for student work. The sample similar to the pages in my several beginning, middle, and end products on Teachers Pay Teachers. They are instant downloads.
Writing frames may be placed in a writing area or center on a bulletin board such as this one. Children can select from thematic pages to begin their stories. Extra pages are included for stories that are longer than 3 pages.
There are many writing frame theme options from which to choose in the 250 pages of PDFs included in these products.
Instructional pages are included as well to help provide a comprehensive approach to organizing writing for children. These pages may be posted in a display, used during guided reading small group time, or even projected for a class discussion.
The children are then asked to write their own organized stories. Rubrics are included for student self-assessment teacher evaluation.
Story writing products for teaching this writing skill.
- Beginning, Middle, and End: Open-ended Story Writing Lesson, PPt with 61 slides and 250 PDF pages, including rubrics
- Beginning, Middle, and End: Story Writing SMART Board Notebook File, 250 page PDF printable, writing frames, student and teacher rubrics
- Beginning, Middle, and End: Story Writing, 250 PDF pages
Now included foldables and a kindergarten printable
- Grade 2 Beginning, Middle, End Writing PDF with Foldables
- Here is another freebie summer-Olympics-beginning-middle-end-2016 (free, opens here)
You might also like these freebies on TpT as they are also about writing.
Free: About the Author pages could be added when stories are published.
This freebie has additional rubrics which might also be useful after the story writing assignments.
Thank you for reading! Carolyn
You might also like the free flash fiction writing prompts which are useful in many grade levels for quick writes or morning writing work.